The Lilac Blush harkens back to 2020 (remember those days)? Our backyards are filled with native lilacs in the spring, and we crafted a lilac simple syrup from the fresh blossoms. Combined with our floral Native Colorado Gin and fresh muddled lemon, the Lilac Blush is beautifully balanced, delicate, and a true Colorado Dry Land original.
- 2 oz Dry Land Native Colorado Gin
- 1 1/4" Slice of Lemon
- 3/4 oz Lilac Simple Syrup
- 2-3 Drops Orange Bitters (optional)
Garnish: Dried or Fresh Lemon Slice Float
Glass: Coupe or Absinth Glass
- Muddle lemon in shaker.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients with lemon and ice and shake briskly for ~15 seconds.
- Double strain into chilled glassware.
- Garnish with lemon slice float
Lilac Simple Syrup
- 5 Bundles of Lilac Blossoms (stems and leaves removed)
- 1.5 Cups Water
- 1.5 Cups White Cane Sugar
Add fresh lilac blossoms to 1.5 cups water bring to boil, cover turn down to simmer for 3 minutes, then remove from heat. Strain out blossoms and add 1.5 cups sugar to hot liquid. Stir until dissolved. Once cooled, store in a jar in the refrigerator.