The Dry Land Distillers Hibiscus Rum Buck is a gorgeous, ruby-red cocktail that is sweet-tart and refreshing. The bar team creates this cocktail using house-made hibiscus syrup, our agricole-style silver Pure Cane Rum, and ginger beer.
The complex floral citrus notes from the hibiscus pair beautifully with the spice of the ginger. The rum balances the flavors with a pleasant vegetal depth. The Hibiscus Rum Buck is a perfect spring/summer cocktail.
Pair this with fresh foods from the garden or backyard BBQ fair: think early season spring salads of arugula and nettle, pulled pork, coleslaw, or Polynesian dishes.
- 2 oz Dry Land Distillers Silver Pure Cane Rum
- ½ oz Hibiscus Syrup (See Recipe Below)
- 2 oz Ginger Beer (We prefer Qs or Kure’s when we aren’t using our own housemade)
- Cubed Ice
- Fresh Lime for Garnish
- Have a highball glass ready and filled with cubed ice.
- Add the Cane Rum, hibiscus syrup, and ginger beer to the glass.
- Garnish with a wheel of fresh lime, dehydrated lime or a curly lime twist on the side of the glass.
Hibiscus Syrup Recipe
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 oz dried hibiscus
- 1” piece peeled ginger root sliced
add all ingredients to a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let steep, covered, for 30 minutes.
Strain and store the syrup in the refrigerator. Stays fresh for 3 weeks or longer.