This whiskey is a great stand alone. It's silky, grain-forward nature is perfect for sipping, or a simple old fashioned.
Honeysuckle, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Fig
Quince, Manuka Honey, Black Pepper
Walnut, Rooibos, Medium Finish
White Sonora Wheat- Dry Land Distillers Heirloom Wheat Whiskey is distilled from an heirloom wheat variety called White Sonora Wheat.
Pure Colorado Water – Our water comes from one of the most protected and highest quality native water basins in the country.
Original Yeast – We cultivate and harvest our yeast on site specifically for our heirloom grains.
Why White Sonora Wheat?
This ancient heritage grain is drought tolerant, disease resistant, and highly adaptable making it a perfect wheat for the challenging Colorado climate. It has a long history in the Americas, and its rich, sweet and nutty flavors landed it on the Slow Food Foundation for Diversity Ark of Taste highlighting extraordinary foods at risk of extinction.
Gold Medal, 2020 Sunset International Spirits Competition
Silver Medal, 2020 USA Spirits Ratings Competition
“This is the closest I’ve tasted to the Yamazaki 12 year. This however, is about half the price.”
Heirloom Old Fashioned
- 2 oz. Dry Land Distillers Heirloom Wheat Whiskey
- A splash to 1/4 oz.
- Simple syrup (Depending on taste)
- 4 - 6 drops orange bitters
- Orange twist for garnish
- 1Put a small scoop of ice in your cocktail shaker or mixing glass and add the whiskey, bitters, and simple syrup.
- 2Stir with ice for 15 seconds.
- 3Strain over a single large ice cube into a small rocks glass.
- 4Slice a strip of orange peel and twist over the drink to release the oils. Place in the glass for garnish.
Savor every moment