One of our favorite morning beverages is a London Fog. When one of our guest entrances to our Annual 'Nog Off did a take on a London Fog 'Nog, we realized what a happy pairing our Heirloom Wheat Whiskey makes with Earl Grey. In harmony with the abundance of spring and early summer wild flowers this year, this recipe pays homage to the Colorado mountainsides that seemed to explode with color, due to this year's uncanny London-like weather.
- 2 oz Dry Land Heirloom Wheat Whiskey
- 1/4-1/2oz Earl Grey Simple Syrup
Garnish: Dried Lemon Slice Float and Edible Flower
Glass: Small Rocks Glass
- Combine ingredients into cocktail mixing glass.
- Stir over ice for ~15 seconds.
- Double strain into small rocks glass with large cube.
- Garnish with lemon slice float and edible flower.
Earl Grey Simple Syrup
- 8 Earl Grey Tea bags (We use Rishi or you can sub with approximately 1/3 cup loose leaf)
- 4 Cups of Water
- 2 Cups Organic Cane Sugar
- 3 Drops Bergamot Oil
Bring water to a boil and pour over tea. Let Steep for 5 minutes. Strain and then stir in the sugar until it dissolves. Add 3 drops of Bergamot oil and shake to combine.