This recipe was formed to accentuate the black cherry and brown butter elements of the Antero Wheat Whiskey. The addition of malted barley syrup, makes our grain forward wheat whiskey sing. We tribute this recipe to the late great Andy Clark of Moxie Bread Co., who was a lover of all things grain.
- 2 oz. Dry Land Distillers Antero Wheat Whiskey
- 1/2 oz. malted barley syrup
- 2-4 drops Orange bitters
- Orange peel for garnish
- Slice a strip of orange peel to use for garnish.
- Put a small scoop of ice in your cocktail shaker or mixing glass and add the whiskey, bitters, and malted barley syrup.
- Stir with ice for 15 seconds.
- Strain over a single large ice cube into a small rocks glass.
- Wipe the orange peel on the rim of the glass and twist over the drink to release the oils.