The Dry Land Distillers Brush Fire is an original cocktail that showcases our native prickly pear cactus. We use our cactus spirit, seasonal cactus fruit juice, and our house made vermouth and bitters to create a delicious and gorgeous drink. The smokiness from the spirit pairs beautifully with the sweetness of the cactus juice while the vermouth and bitters offer balance and complexity for a true Colorado experience.
- 2 oz Dry Land Cactus Spirit
- 1⁄2 oz fresh pressed cactus fruit juice
- 2 drops orange bitters
- 2 drops citrus bitters
- Coarse or flaked salt
- Fresh orange rind for garnish
- Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Have a small coupe or martini glass ready.
- Shake well for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Double strain into your glass.
- Garnish with a small twist of orange rind on the top of the drink.