Our smoky margarita is consistently our top seller at the Dry Land Distillers tasting room. It’s a fresh, bright margarita, similar to a coin-style marg.
The smokey profile of the cactus spirit layers beautifully with the bright/tart flavors of citrus for a unique and refreshing spin on a classic drink.
You can make this a spicy margarita using fresh jalapeños.
- 2 oz. Fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 oz. Fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 to 1 tbsp. Simple syrup, to taste (see separate recipe)
- 2 oz. Dry Land Distillers Cactus Spirit
- Coarse or flaked salt
- Fresh limes for garnish Ice
- Optional: fresh jalapenos to make a spicy margarita
- Mix the juices and the simple syrup together.
- If you want salt on the glass, rub the rim of a large rocks glass with fresh lime And dip the rim in coarse salt.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice and add the juice mix and the cactus spirit. Shake aggressively for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Strain into your prepared glass and top with additional ice as needed.
- Garnish with a slice of lime. Enjoy!
For a Spicy Margarita
Before you add the ice to your cocktail shaker, muddle 2 – 3 slices of fresh jalapenos in your shaker. Leave the muddled chilis in the shaker and follow the recipe above.
We leave the seeds in the chilis – the seeds and pith dd a boost of extra heat.