The Cable Car is a modern variant of the classic Sidecar cocktail. Traditionally made with a spiced rum, Orange Curaçao and lemon sour. Our Dry Land version opts for a spiced version of our own Aged Cane Rum, giving it added depth of flavor and using our favorite local orange liqueur from Grovestreet Alchemy.
- Superfine sugar, for rimming
- 1 1/2 ounces spiced rum
- 3/4 ounce Grove Street Orange Liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces lemon sour
- Orange Twist for Garnish
Garnish: Lemon Twist (2 inches, curled, part in glass part off the rim)
Glass: Martini Glass
- Rim a martini glass with sugar.
- Pour the spiced rum, orange liqueur, ice and lemon sour into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well (until well chilled).
- Double strain into the prepared glass.
Lemon Sour Recipe
- 1 part simple syrup
- 2 parts fresh lemon juice
Combine the ingredients into a container with a tight seal and shake well.
Dry Land Distillers Spiced Rum
- 750ml Gold Rum
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 5 whole allspice berries
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 1 star anise
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 quarter-size pieces fresh ginger
- Two 3-inch strips fresh orange zest, white pith removed
Combine everything in a large jar and seal. Keep in a cool, dark place for 2 days (no more than 4 days) shaking it once a day to distribute the ingredients. After 48 hours, strain and bottle.